In line with the recent completion of the National Disinfection Drive, The Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management has announced a partial reduction in restrictions across Dubai starting April 25th. The ease in restrictions is accompanied by strict precautionary guidelines that public & businesses must abide by to ensure community health.
Ease in restrictions on restaurants & cafes
As stated by the Dubai Municipality, Restaurants & Cafes are allowed to operate and accept customers for dine-in starting 25th April while strictly adhering to the following guidelines:
- A 2 meter physical distance must be maintained between tables and individuals at all times (not applicable to family members)
- Restaurants can seat a maximum of 10 diners on 1 table
- Tables with larger groups must be placed should not be placed close to other tables
- Restaurants must hang red tag at front door indicating the maximum number of customers allowed inside (to be calculated based on 4 feet per customer)
- The staff must adhere to strict precautionary guidelines including wearing masks at all times and undertaking regular self-sanitization
- All diners must be wearing masks except when seated at their tables
- All surfaces (tables, counters, etc.) must be cleaned with 75% alcohol after each use
- Restaurants can continue to provide delivery services given they follow all the precautionary guidelines
How you can safely visit restaurants
If you choose to visit restaurants for dine-in, make sure you undertake strict precautionary measures to ensure health & safety.
Here are 10 tips you can follow to make sure that your visit is safe & risk-free:
- Follow all the precautionary guidelines issued by the government as they are enforced for your own safety
- Make sure to wear protective equipment including face masks & gloves at all times
- Wash your hands or sanitize after you touch any foreign surface including door handles, tables, cash, etc.
- Always maintain a 2 feet distance between yourself and other people and avoid any physical contact
- Try not to touch any foreign surfaces while eating. If you do, make sure to sanitize your hands before you continue eating
- Make a reservation at your restaurant of choice before you visit to ensure that you do not have to wait in line, increasing the risk of exposure
- Avoid traveling with large groups, restrict your visits to a maximum of 5 people at a time
- Don't initiate gatherings with friends or family in public or private spaces, limit your visits only to people you are living with.
- Do not take high-risk people (older and younger members, people with pre-existing conditions) to public spaces
- Avoid visiting any public spaces if you are unwell or may have been exposed to someone who is sick
Looking for a restaurant to dine-in? Here's our updated list of restaurants in Dubai that are now accepting diners. Make sure to book a table before you go.
Please be reminded that although the restrictions have been eased, the risk of COVID-19 still pertains. Practice social distancing & self-isolation as much as possible to reduce the spread of coronavirus & flatten the curve. And if you do decide to step out, make sure you are undertaking strict precautionary measures for your good and the greater good of the community.
And remember, we are in this together.